Marlboro brand begins its history from 1924 and is one of the most popular products of Philip Morris Company.
Today Marlboro brand is firmly associated with Marlboro cowboy the image of which is used in advertising campaign from 1947. It is interesting that in the past this brand was oriented exclusively to female audience: red strip on cigarette filter was intended for hiding lipstick signs. Rebranding that was made later has created brutal style for the cigarettes that urges to buy Marlboro cigarettes for real men.
New image of male cigarettes was formed not only thanks to change of advertisement's conception but also thanks to change of pack design. Cigarettes began to be manufactured in new, innovative for those times flip-top pack that represented a box made of firm cardboard with folding cover. The brands logo became white arrow that is directed to red background. Namely with this appearance Marlboro Red cigarettes are known today.
Famous Marlboro Logo
Thanks to their unique flavor and wide advertising campaign that includes support of Ferrari Team, Marlboro cigarettes became popular in entire world.
Old Logo of Ferrari Marlboro Team
International division was founded in 1955. After what active international expansion began. In 1995 also started to work first plant of Philip Morris International in Asia.
Philip Morris International runs 53 plants. In various sudivisions all over the world work 78 thousands of employees.
Headquarter of Philip Morris Company is located in New York, but organization doesn't do business in United States as Philip Morris brands still belong in this country to group of companies Altria - ex-owner of Philip Morris International. The Company belonged to this group of companies up to March 2008.
To the middle of 1950th Company became part of American culture and soon after this was founded Philip Morris International intended for manufacturing and selling products all over the world. Winning firm positions in United States, management of Philip Morris Incorporated took decision to distribute their goods all over the world.
In 1954 was founded company Philip Morris (Australia) Ltd and in a year - international subdivision Philip Morris Overseas that in 1961 became Philip Morris International Company.
In 1963 appeared first subsidiary in Europe - Swiss Fabriques de Tabac Reunies. To 1972 sales volume of Philip Morris International has reached 113 billion cigarettes; to this time on many markets all over the world have been arranged manufacturing process and marketing.
For distribution on the territory of former Soviet Union Company specialists have developed cigarettes based on American blending and to 1977 was opened access to sales market that was located behind "iron curtain".
In 1990th for entrepreneurial activity controlled markets were opened of Eastern Europe and Philip Morris Company has opened several plants in Lithuania, Russia and Poland. At the same time began building of new plants in such cities as Saint Petersburg in Russia and Alma-Ata in Kazakhstan.
We do not claim to be affiliated with the manufactures or tobacco company